- 20 min.
- 50 min.
- 12 servings
Cornbread Sausage Dressing with Apples and Pecans
- Easy Southern Cornbread
- Martha White® "hot Rize®" Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- PREPARED cornbread and biscuits as directed. Cool 15 minutes. Crumble enough cornbread to make 5 cups; crumble enough biscuits to make 5 cups. Set aside.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with no-stick cooking spray. Cook sausage, onions and celery in large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- COMBINE sausage and vegetable mixture with crumbled cornbread and biscuits in large bowl; add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 950mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.