- 15 min.
- 1 hr.
- 16 to 20 servings
Cranberry Banana Nut Bread
|Yield||16 to 20 servings|
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas, about 4 large
- 3 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottoms of two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray. Cream shortening and sugar together in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- ADD bananas, flour, soda, walnuts and cranberry sauce; stir gently to blend. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool on wire rack.
- For easier slicing, wrap loaves and store overnight in a cool place.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.