- 10 min.
- 35 min.
- 12 -15
Cream of Coconut Cake
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups (9 oz.) fresh frozen coconut, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can cream of coconut, shaken
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. Beat flour, sugar, shortening, milk, vanilla, egg whites and 1 cup coconut in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl. Beat at medium high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- POKE holes all over top of warm cake with toothpick. Pour cream of coconut evenly over cake. Cool completely. Spread whipped topping over cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cover and chill 3 hours before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 52g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.