- 10 min.
- 18 min.
Fresh Blueberry Scones
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup firm fresh blueberries
- HEAT oven to 400º. Spray large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Add butter to flour mixture. Toss to coat butter with flour. Cut butter into pea size pieces with fork or pastry blender.
- BEAT egg in small bowl with fork. Stir in sour cream. Make a well in middle of flour mixture. Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Stir and press with a fork until large clumps form (mixture will seem dry). Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Press dough together to form ball. Knead gently.
- PAT dough into 10-inch circle. Sprinkle blueberries on half the dough. Press into dough. Fold other half over blueberries. Gently press edges together, then pat dough down. Fold into quarters. Press edges and pat dough down again. Form dough into a ball, trying to distribute blueberries evenly. Pat into 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges with sharp knife or pizza cutter. Place on prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on pan. Carefully remove to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 scone of 12), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.