- 10 min.
- 15 min.
- 10 servings
Gluten Free* Chocolate Walnut Muffin Tops
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 packages Martha White® Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
CREAM CHEESE SPREAD (Optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine muffin mix, sour cream, butter and walnuts in medium bowl, stirring until evenly moistened.
- DROP dough onto prepared baking sheet to make 10 mounds. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are set and dry. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- For Cream Cheese Spread: MIX cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and orange peel until well blended. Serve with muffin tops.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin top with spread), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.