- 30 min.
- 25 min.
- 6 servings
Gluten Free* Southern Sausage Supper
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (14 to 16 oz.) package smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 package Martha White® Gluten Free Sweet Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Heat oil in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and bell peppers. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, black-eyed peas and seasoning.
- WHISK egg in medium bowl. Stir in muffin mix and milk until smooth. Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe, abt 1 cup), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1300mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.