- 15 min.
- 45 min.
- 8 large cookies
Lemon Rosemary Corn Meal Shortbread
|Yield||8 large cookies|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Martha White® Plain Enriched White Corn Meal
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large egg yolks
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- HEAT oven to 350º F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, zest, rosemary and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse to blend. Add vanilla, water and egg yolks. Pulse until blended. Add butter cubes. Pulse until blended. Open processor and press dough down. If dough sticks together, it is ready. If dough is too dry to hold together, add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Pulse until dough comes together.
- PRESS dough into prepared pan. Cut into 8 wedges. Prick dough with floured fork. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove sides from springform pan. Gently remove cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.