- 20 min.
- 11 min.
- 12 biscuits
Martha White® "Hot Rize®" Biscuits
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Add milk, stirring with fork until soft dough forms.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 5 to 6 times, just until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Arrange on baking sheet with sides touching.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERMILK BISCUITS: Substitute 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for milk. Add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to flour, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.