- 5 min.
- 6 min.
- 12 corn cakes
Mexi Corn Cakes
|Yield||12 corn cakes|
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- OR 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (11 oz.) can vacuum-packed whole kernel corn, with red and green peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- HEAT griddle or large skillet to medium heat (350ºF). Brush or coat with vegetable oil.*
- COMBINE cornbread mix, milk and egg in medium bowl; blend well. Stir in corn, cheese, peppers and garlic powder.
- POUR 1/4 cup batter for each corn cake onto hot griddle. Cook until deep golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- *Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately. Corn cakes will stick if griddle is too cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 3 pancakes), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 1100mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.