- 15 min.
- 14 min.
- 24 biscuits
Mini Buttermilk Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Melted butter
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk with fork until soft dough forms and begins to pull away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 10 to 12 times or just until smooth and no longer sticky. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Brush warm biscuits with melted butter. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.