- 15 min.
- 25 min.
- 12 mini cakes
Mini Coconut Cakes with Coconut Cream
|Yield||12 mini cakes|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 (7 oz.) packages Martha White® Wildberry Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
COCONUT CREAM FILLING
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Toasted sweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Cupcakes: BLEND egg, oil and 1 cup coconut milk in large bowl. Stir in muffin mixes and 1/2 cup coconut just until blended. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: BEAT cream cheese and 1/3 cup coconut milk in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended. Add powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping.
- SLICE cupcakes horizontally. Spoon filling on bottom half. Replace top half. Top with a dollop of filling. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 mini cake of 12), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.