- 25 min.
- 1 hr.
- 10 to 12 servings
Old South Herbed Cornbread Dressing
|Yield||10 to 12 servings|
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread (from above)
- 2 cups dry bread cubes or crumbled toasted biscuits
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat. Beat egg in large bowl. Add remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into hot skillet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cornbread; crumble to make 6 cups; set aside. Reduce heat to 425°F.
- SPRAY 13 x 9-inch baking dish or pan with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- COMBINE vegetable mixture, crumbled cornbread and remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss gently to mix. Add enough broth to make mixture very moist. Spoon into prepared baking dish or form into 12 oval cakes or pones; place in prepared baking dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 910mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 4g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.