- 15 min.
- pastry for two-crust pie
Pastry for Two-Crust Pie
|Yield||pastry for two-crust pie|
- 2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 5 to 10 tablespoons cold water
- COMBINE flour and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Cut in half the shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is fine and mealy. Cut in remaining shortening until mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle one tablespoon ice water over part of mixture. Toss gently with fork; push to side of bowl. Repeat just until mixture is moistened and can be formed into a ball when lightly pressed together. Mixture should be moist enough to form a ball but should not be sticky.
- SHAPE dough into 2 balls. Flatten dough balls to 1/2-inch thickness, rounding and smoothing edges. Roll out 1 ball of dough on floured surface to 11-inch round. Fold dough in half; place in 9-inch pie pan, or 9 or 10-inch tart pan. Unfold; fit evenly into pan. Do not stretch. Trim pastry even with pan edge.
- ROLL out remaining ball of dough. Set aside. Continue as directed in pie recipe.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.