- 25 min.
- 11 min.
- 32 appetizers
Perfect Biscuits for Country Ham
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 stick Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thinly sliced cooked country ham
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture is consistency of small peas. Add milk; stir with fork until soft, moist dough forms.
- KNEAD dough gently on well-floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush hot biscuits with melted butter. Fill split biscuits with ham slices.
- For biscuits that will pull apart easily, roll dough to form 1/4-inch-thick rectangle. Fold dough in half crosswise; roll to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut and bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/32 1 appetier), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Vitamin D %, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.