- 15 min.
- 20 min.
- 6 servings
Pesto Cornbread with Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Streusel
- 1 (6.5 oz.) package Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped grilled chicken
- 1 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Combine cornbread mix, egg, milk and pesto sauce in large bowl. Combine chicken, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese in separate large bowl.
- POUR oil into 10-inch Lodge® cast iron skillet; place in oven to heat 8 to 10 minutes. Pour cornbread batter into hot skillet. Immediately spoon chicken mixture evenly on top of cornbread batter.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and basil and return to oven 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1080mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g), Protein 21g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 30%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.