Red Velvet Doughnut Wreaths
- 1 (8.25 oz) package Martha White Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Green food coloring
- 1 (16 oz) container prepared vanilla frosting
- Assorted sprinkles (white, red, green, silver), for decorating
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine Martha White Red Velvet Cupcake Mix, ⅔ cup water, oil, and egg. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into two 6-cavity doughnut baking pans, filling the cavities ¾ full. (You should have enough batter to fill 10 of the 12 cavities.)
- Bake until springy to the touch, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let doughnuts cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then gently turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into a small bowl. Add green food coloring until you reach the desired shade. Stir until smooth, then spoon frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip. (If you do not have a pastry bag you can improvise with a plastic storage bag with the corner snipped.)
- Pipe the frosting around the tops of the doughnuts in rings. Decorate with sprinkles and enjoy!