Open Face Barbecue Sandwich on Jalapeno Cornbread
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz.) can cream style corn
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 pound prepared pulled pork, beef or chicken barbecue
- HEAT oven to 425º F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Beat egg in large bowl. Stir in corn, milk and cornbread mix until blended. Stir in cheese and peppers. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- STIR together mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in small bowl. Cut cornbread into 2-inch squares. Top each with a dollop of sauce and barbecue.