Blueberry French Toast Bread Pudding with Smoky Bacon
1 hr. 15 min.
||8 to 10 servings
- 2 (7 oz.) packages Martha White® Blueberry Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 8 strips smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Coat 12 medium muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Combine muffin mix and milk in medium bowl. Stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 to 3 minutes in pan. Remove and cool completely. Cut into approximately 3/4-inch pieces.
- REDUCE heat to 325ºF. Spray 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place muffin pieces in baking pan. Heat half and half in saucepan just until boiling. Remove from heat. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar and 1/3 cup syrup in large bowl. Gradually whisk into hot half and half until blended.
- POUR egg mixture over muffin pieces pressing down slightly to submerge. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle pecans over top. Bake uncovered 50 to 55 minutes or until firm. Serve warm topped with syrup and crumbled bacon.