Alison Krauss' Winning Cornbread
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 3/4 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix, plus additional for preparing pan
- 1/4 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet with bacon drippings; place in oven to heat.
- COMBINE corn meal mix, flour and sugar in large bowl; mix well. Add buttermilk, oil and egg; blend well. Sprinkle small amount of corn meal into hot skillet. Pour batter over corn meal in hot skillet.
- BAKE 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.