Pumpkin Chess Pie
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, plus 2 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- PREPARE cream cheese crust as directed in recipe.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine sugar and butter in medium bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat until well blended. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean. Pie will continue to set as it cools. Cool on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate until well chilled before serving. Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.