Triple Chocolate Peppermint Pie
- 1 (7.4 oz.) package Martha White® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 3 cups peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup Special Recipe® Hot Fudge Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons crushed red striped peppermint hard candies
- Crushed red striped peppermint hard candies for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray. Blend muffin mix, butter and almonds in medium bowl with fork just until crumbly. Press evenly onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until beginning to look dry. If crust is slightly puffy, press down gently with back of a wooden spoon. Cool completely.
- SPOON ice cream into pie crust and spread evenly. Place pie in freezer for 1 hour or until firmly frozen.
- SPREAD fudge topping evenly over pie. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes. Whip cream in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until stiff. Fold in 3 tablespoons peppermint candies. Spread whipped cream over pie. Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with additional crushed peppermint candies just before serving.
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream may be substituted for peppermint.