- 5 min.
- 26 min.
- 6 servings
Puffed Pancake with Sauteed Pears and Almonds
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Spray 9-inch skillet with ovenproof handle with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk eggs until blended in medium bowl. Whisk in flour, salt and milk until nearly smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter just until blended.
- POUR into skillet. Bake on bottom rack 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and brown around the edges. Reduce heat to 350ºF. Prick bottom of shell. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer. Drizzle with with lemon juice and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- MELT 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet while pancake is baking. Add pears and nutmeg and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sugar and water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears from pan. Continue to cook liquid until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange pears on pancake, drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with almonds and sift with more powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 20g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.