- 15 min.
- 20 min.
- 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 pound hot bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat.
- BEAT egg in large bowl. Add melted shortening, milk and corn meal mix. Blend well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into hot skillet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Place on serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 840mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.