- 15 min.
- 13 min.
- 15 biscuits
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (1/4 oz.) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water, (105 to 115ºF)
- 2 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- SPRAY a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Dissolve yeast in warm water in small bowl.
- COMBINE flour and sugar in large bowl; mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add yeast mixture and buttermilk; stir until soft dough forms.
- KNEAD dough gently on well-floured surface 30 to 45 seconds. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Cover; let rise in warm place (80 to 85ºF) until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Uncover dough; bake 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Brush hot biscuits with melted butter.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/15), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Vitamin D %, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.