- 30 min.
- 17 min.
- 6 servings
Sunday Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled, thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups chopped chicken
- 1 (9 oz.) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Melt butter in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring, one minute. Gradually add chicken broth and half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in pepper, thyme, chicken and peas. Cook, stirring occasionally until hot, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low while preparing biscuits.
- CUT butter into flour in medium bowl with pastry blender or two knives until butter is size of small peas. Add milk; stir with a fork just until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured surface and pat to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter or into squares with a knife or pizza cutter. Place biscuits on hot mixture in skillet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 540mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.