- 25 min.
- 27 min.
- 6 servings
Tamale Skillet Pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (11 oz.) can vacuum-packed whole kernel corn, with red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Mexican Style Cornbread & Muffin Mix, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in 10 1/2-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- ADD tomatoes, corn, water, chili powder and 1 tablespoon of the cornbread mix; mix well. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Set aside.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add milk and remaining cornbread mix; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 cup cheese. Pour cornbread mixture over beef mixture.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 1040mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 35%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.