- 15 min.
- 6 min.
- 30 hush puppies
Traditional Hush Puppies
|Yield||30 hush puppies|
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for deep frying
- 1 3/4 cups Martha White® White Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- HEAT 2 to 3-inches oil in deep fryer or heavy skillet to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornbread mix, onion, milk and eggs in large bowl. Mix until blended.
- DROP batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes, turning several times until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/30 1 piece), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.